Manual log / kindling splitter.
Very easy to use and maintenance free, who could ask for more!
Less stress on the back and shoulders, integrated handle for lifting the cutting wedge.
1) Simply drill a 20mm hole in the top of a large flat log ideally around 12"-18" inches across and 10"-12" thick.
2) Insert the bottom of the splitter shaft into the hole and ensure it is upright.
3) With the bottom of the log splitter shaft resting in the hole, position the blade on the log at required splitting point.
4) Grasp the handle on the impact weight and raise it to approximately 20cm (8") from the top of the shaft.
5) Bring the weight down in a fast motion to hit the cylindrical top of the blade to split the log.
ALWAYS ENSURE THAT FEET AND BODY ARE KEPT WELL CLEAR OF THE FALLING WEIGHT AND LOG.
ENSURE THAT YOU ARE WELL PROTECTED ie. GLOVES FOOTWEAR AND GLASSES ARE WORN WHILST OPERATING THIS TOOL.
The splitter can produce up to 10 tons of force at the blade.